Apply to become a Green Tier participant
Interested in applying for Green Tier?
If you'd like to talk to someone about the possibilities that Green Tier participation holds for you, please send an email to GreenTier@wisconsin.gov.
- Talk - Talk with the DNR staff to see if Green Tier is right for you.
- Application Form - Fill out and send in a Green Tier application form. DNR ensures the application is complete and verifies eligibility. You can download the form below.
- Web Page - We will create your page on the DNR website! Your page will be a place that houses your Green Tier documents, tells your story and shares your environmental endeavors.
- Comment Period - The DNR puts out a news release announcing a 30-day comment period for the public to give input about your entry into Green Tier (Tier 1) or about your drafting of a contract with the DNR (Tier 2). For Tier 2, a second comment period takes place after the contract is written. Any comments received are considered in the decision. Note: For obtaining a Green Tier Charter, this process is a bit different.
- Decision - The DNR will make a decision on your application. Agency staff may contact you for additional information.
- Celebrate - Once you have been contacted by staff announcing your acceptance into Green Tier, you will work with the DNR to decide how you would like to celebrate your acceptance into the program.
The Application Instructions are a resource to help guide you through the application form section by section.
The Green Tier application is easy to complete and includes templates for the required attachments. To complete the fillable PDF, you must first download and save the file to your computer. Then complete the application and email it to Green Tier. If you would prefer to print the application, you can contact Green Tier for a printable version of the application.