How to apply to become a Green Tier participant
Interested in applying for Green Tier? Let's make sure you choose the right path for your Green Tier participation.
Tier 1 and Tier 2
Are you a business with an Environmental Management System? Are you looking to implement one? If so, Green Tier 1 and Tier 2 participation is the right path for you.
A charter is a contract entered into by the DNR and an association committed to helping its members participate in Green Tier. Charters provide opportunities and a framework for groups public and private entities, businesses, supply chains, industry sectors, and other groups to work collaboratively to further collective environmental goals that might not be achievable under the existing regulatory system.
Are you a municipality or county? Green Tier Legacy Communities Charter exists to help municipalities and counties go further and faster towards their sustainability goals.
Are you a building contractor?
Are you in the Printing Sector?
Don't fit any of these descriptions? Groups of organizations looking to formalize their efforts around an environmental issue or opportunity may create a new Green Tier Charter! If you'd like to talk to someone about the possibilities that Green Tier participation holds for you, please send an email to GreenTier@wisconsin.gov.
Application process for Tier 1 and Tier 2
- Talk - Talk with the DNR staff to see if Green Tier is right for you.
- Application Form - For Tier 1 and Tier 2, fill out and send in a Green Tier application form. DNR ensures the application is complete and verifies eligibility. You can download the form below.
- Eligibility – if you are unsure about your environmental compliance – use Enviro-Check! For more information on your environmental compliance -– check the frequently asked questions.
- Web Page - We will create your page on the DNR website! Your page will be a place that houses your Green Tier documents, tells your story and shares your environmental endeavors.
- Comment Period - The DNR puts out a news release announcing a 30-day comment period for the public to give input about your entry into Green Tier (Tier 1) or about your drafting of a contract with the DNR (Tier 2). For Tier 2, a second comment period takes place after the contract is written. Any comments received are considered in the decision. Note: For obtaining a Green Tier Charter, this process is a bit different.
- Decision - The DNR will make a decision on your application. Agency staff may contact you for additional information.
- Celebrate - Once you have been contacted by staff announcing your acceptance into Green Tier, you will work with the DNR to decide how you would like to celebrate your acceptance into the program.
The Application Instructions are a resource to help guide you through the application form section by section.
The Green Tier application is easy to complete and includes templates for the required attachments. To complete the fillable PDF, you must first download and save the file to your computer. Then complete the application and email it to Green Tier. If you would prefer to print the application, you can contact Green Tier for a printable version of the application.
More information on current applicants is available.