Nondiscrimination Policy and Procedures
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is committed to promoting diversity, fairness, equity and the principles of environmental justice. We also ensure we do not discriminate in our programs, decisions, actions or delivery of services.
Notice Of Nondiscrimination
Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Part 7, Nondiscrimination in Programs or Activities Receiving Federal Assistance from the Environmental Protection Agency, prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability in programs or activities receiving federal assistance from the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It requires recipients of federal assistance from the EPA to:
- Collect, maintain, and provide information showing compliance with 40 CFR Part 7.
- Designate a person to be the Nondiscrimination Compliance Coordinator to coordinate efforts to comply with 40 CFR Part 7.
- Adopt grievance procedures that assure the prompt and fair resolution of discrimination complaints alleging violations of 40 CFR Part 7.
- Provide continuing and prominent public notice of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability, and of the identity and contact information for the Nondiscrimination Compliance Coordinator.
It is the DNR's policy not to discriminate on the basis of the factors in 40 CFR Part 7, as well as other applicable state and federal laws.
- Notice of Nondiscrimination
- Aviso de no discriminación
- Daim Ntawv Ceeb Toom ntawm Kev Tsis Pub Muaj Kev Ntxub Ntxaub
The DNR adopts the following procedures to allow any person or group to submit a complaint alleging discrimination of any kind by the Wisconsin DNR that may constitute a violation of 40 CFR Part 7 or any state or federal statutes or regulations that DNR enforces, and in order to assure the prompt and fair resolution of any such discrimination complaints.
How To Submit A Complaint
If you have any questions about this notice or any of DNR's nondiscrimination programs, policies or procedures or if you believe that you have been discriminated against with respect to a DNR program or activity, you may contact:
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
Nondiscrimination Compliance Coordinator
Bureau of Legal Services
101 South Webster St
PO Box 7921
Madison WI 53707-7921
You also have the right to file a federal complaint of alleged discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity (not all prohibited bases apply to all programs) by contacting either the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency or the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Director of the Office of Civil Rights
Mail Code 1201A
1200 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington DC 20460
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Ave, SW
Washington DC 20250-9410
800-845-6136 (Spanish relay)