The Wisconsin waterfowl hunter is one of the most dedicated and involved conservationists in the nation, contributing time and money to waterfowl management and habitat restoration. Wisconsin is a great waterfowl hunting state, thanks in part to hunter enthusiasm and dedication to the sport. Look below for more information on waterfowl reports and surveys, hunting regulations and other current issues.
Waterfowl 2021 Reports:
- 2021 Migratory Bird Season Final Frameworks now available
- 2021 Migratory Bird Season Public Input Summary
- Wisconsin Waterfowl Management
- 2021 Spring Waterfowl Breeding Survey Report
View the 2021 Fall Hunting Forecast.
Looking for a place to waterfowl hunt? Check out this helpful resource.
Wisconsin Waterfowl Season Public Input
Wisconsin population surveys
Wisconsin technical reports
- 2017 Canada Goose harvest Summary
- 2016 Canada Goose harvest reports
- Three state (Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa) experimental early teal season final analysis and summary report
Wisconsin hunter survey results
Invasive Species Management
Becoming a better hunter
- Places to Waterfowl Hunt
- The Basics of Waterfowl Hunting in Wisconsin
- The Basics of Dove Hunting in Wisconsin
- Decoy Tactics
- Tom Roster's nontoxic shot lethality table
Check out these wild game recipes provided by DNR staff.
Report banded birds
Rules And Regulations
- 2021 Duck Zone Boundaries
- 2021 Goose Zone Boundaries
- 2021 hunting regulations
- Waterfowl season dates
- Youth waterfowl hunt
- Invasive species prevention
- Waterfowl seasons FAQ
Recent rule changes
Waterfowl Program Photos
WDNR Waterfowl Surveys
Wisconsin DNR Wild Wisconsin Podcast
Check out our Wild Wisconsin: Off the Record Podcast. On this episode, we cover the basics of migratory game birds in Wisconsin and give you an inside look at work done to help improve your time afield and our efforts to keep you engaged. Sit back and listen in. And if you like what you hear, click the button to subscribe on your favorite podcast platform.