Materials for borrowers and grantees
Wisconsin Ready for Reuse Loan and Grant Program
Grantees and borrowers of traditional ready for reuse grants and loans will need the resources on this page.
Public comment period
Required documents for public comment period
Due to federal rules, every community that is awarded a ready for reuse grant or loan must go through a 30-day public comment period for the work being funded by this program. This public comment period, and a DNR-issued decision memo following the 30 days, must be completed before any remediation can begin on a grant or loan site. Contact Gena Larson with questions about this process.
The following documents need to be placed in a publicly-accessible administrative record:
- Community relations plan
- Analysis of brownfield cleanup alternatives
- Quality assurance/quality control equivalent
- DRAFT remedial action plan
- Any other site or project-related reports
Model public notice
Public notice must be given to announce the public comment period and tell people where the administrative record is located. For example, a newspaper notice should be placed in:
- a newspaper of general circulation; and
- appear in a common area of the paper (not in the legal notice section).
- Public notice template
Payment request form
The ready for reuse program can issue the grantee or borrowee a check for either paid or unpaid invoices. Payment claims can be filled out once per month during the loan or grant period. The authorized representative must sign every payment request form. Please fill out the following form completely, and submit it to:
Gena Larson - RR/5
PO Box 7921
Madison WI 53707
- Ready for reuse payment claim and worksheet (Form 4400-243) - This form is a fillable PDF.
- Ready for reuse payment claim instructions
Quarterly and final reports
The authorized representative must sign every quarterly and final report form.
Quarterly reports for ready for reuse grantees and borrowers are due on April 15, July 15, Oct. 15, and Jan. 15 of each year during the life of the grant or loan.
- Ready for reuse loan and grant program - Quarterly progress report (Form 4400-252) - This form is a fillable PDF.
All grantees and borrowers are required to fill out a final report when all grant or loan work has been completed.
- Ready for reuse loan and grant program - Final report (Form 4400-253) - This form is a fillable PDF.