Tier 1 participant since 02/18/2010
The 3M Corporation has a long standing commitment to sustainable development through environmental protection, social responsibility and economic progress. The 3M Cumberland facility, which manufactures floor pads, lapping films, microfinishing films, superabrasives and the soft edge foam masking tape, is similarly engaged in meeting environmental goals.
Following corporate environmental targets, the 3M Cumberland facility has:
- reduced energy consumption in 2008 by 398,771 kilowatt hours;
- one project alone, involving the use of compressed air, reduced energy consumption by $21,000 a year;
- held Earth Day 2011 Events at 3M Cumberland, including a 5R Processors electronic recycling/collection drive at the Barron High, cleaning an "Adopt-a-Highway" road section on Hwy 63 south, and a seedling tree sale with over $1,000 in trees ordered by plant employees;
- diverted over 11 tons of plastic and 1,100 lbs of aluminum from the landfill in 2010 and diverted non-hazardous waste to the Barron County Incinerator Waste to Energy site; and
- set 2015 Sustainability Goals for volatile organic compound reduction of 15%, waste reduction of 10%, greenhouse gas emission reduction of 5%, and 25% energy conservation.
- Tier 1 application
|DNR contact||Company contact|
1640 Western Ave
Cumberland WI 54829