Kettle Moraine State Forest - Northern Unit
The Northern Unit of the Kettle Moraine State Forest is a linear property spread out over 22 miles between Glenbeulah and West Bend. Check-in for camping is not required. Campers should go directly to the campsite where they are staying. Campers should check their confirmation letter for the campground name and address of the reservation. Campground directions are also available below.
- To Long Lake Recreation Area and Campground
- To Mauthe Lake Recreation Area and Campground
- To Greenbush Recreation Area and Campground
- To Horseriders' Campground
- To Forest Headquarters
- To Ice Age Visitor Center
The forest is open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
The Forest Headquarters is open Mondays through Fridays during summer from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The headquarters is closed Saturdays and Sundays.
The Henry S. Reuss Ice Age Visitor Center is open Wednesdays through Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Visitor Center is closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
- KMSF-Northern Unit - 2022 Summer Programs [PDF]
- KMSF-Northern Unit - 2022 Autumn Programs [PDF]
- KMSF-Northern Unit - 2022 Trail Trekkers Series [PDF]
- A vehicle admission sticker is required.
- A state trail pass is required for bikers and horseback riders 16 years of age and older.
- Camping rates vary and are based on residency, campsite type and season.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
- The Kettle Moraine State Forest-Northern Unit is part of the Ice Age National Scientific Reserve and Federal passes [exit DNR] are honored. Holders of National Parks passports receive a waiver of the vehicle admission fees, but camping fees are not affected.
Planning and Management
For more information about planning for this property, see: Property Master Plans.
Explore the area
Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive
Travel Wisconsin listings
- Kettle Moraine State Forest Northern Unit [exit DNR]
- Washington County Convention and Visitors Bureau [exit DNR]
- Visit Sheboygan [exit DNR]
More in the area
- Fond du Lac County Visitors Bureau [exit DNR]
- Wade House, Greenbush [exit DNR]
- Sheboygan County Visitors Bureau [exit DNR]
- Washington County Visitors Bureau [exit DNR]