Kettle Moraine State Forest - Northern Unit
The Northern Unit of the Kettle Moraine State Forest is a linear property spread out over 22 miles between Glenbeulah and West Bend. Campers should check in directly at the campgrounds they are staying.
- To Long Lake Recreation Area and Campground
- To Mauthe Lake Recreation Area and Campground
- To Greenbush Recreation Area and Campground
- To Horseriders' Campground
- To Forest Headquarters
- To Ice Age Visitor Center
The forest is open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
The Henry S. Reuss Ice Age Visitor Center is open Wednesdays through Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Nature Center is closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
The Long Lake Recreation Area entrance station is open Monday-Thursday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday-Saturday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Mauthe Lake Recreation Area entrance station is open Monday-Thursday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday-Saturday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping in the Wisconsin State Park System.
- State trail pass is required for bikers and horseback riders 16 years of age and older.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
- The Kettle Moraine State Forest-Northern Unit is part of the Ice Age National Scientific Reserve and Federal passes [exit DNR] are honored. Holders of National Parks passports receive a waiver of the vehicle admission fees, but camping fees are not affected.
Planning and Management
For more information about planning for this property, see: Property Master Plans.
Explore the area
Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive
Department of Tourism listings
More in the area
- Fond du Lac County Visitors Bureau [exit DNR]
- Wade House, Greenbush [exit DNR]
- Sheboygan County Visitors Bureau [exit DNR]
- Washington County Visitors Bureau [exit DNR]