DNR Tax Law Specialists
The DNR tax law forestry specialists are employed by the state and are stationed throughout Wisconsin to administer Wisconsin's tax law programs (Forest Crop Law and Managed Forest Law) and assist tax law forest landowners in implementing forest management practices on their properties.
Statutory priorities, workload and annual work plans may limit the time available or make some of the listed services unavailable. If significant delays are anticipated, the forestry specialist may refer you to a DNR forester or encourage you to contact a cooperating forester.
Landowner services offered by the DNR tax law forestry specialists include:
- tax law forest management guidance, which includes developing and updating management objectives, office visits and publications;
- brief to detailed practice plans to help clarify management practices;
- guidance to complete management practices and necessary forms; and
- referrals to a private cooperating forester for more detailed services.
The DNR tax law administration specialists are employed by the state and are stationed throughout Wisconsin to administer Wisconsin's tax law programs (Forest Crop Law and Managed Forest Law).
Partner services offered by the DNR tax law administration specialists include:
- assistance with filling out forms;
- Natural Heritage Inventory (NHI) and archaeological and historical searches; and
- general information on MFL and FCL.