Professional Forestry Assistance
A professional forester can help you accomplish your management goals while ensuring that the forestry practices used protect the value and future of your woodland. Whether or not you choose to work with a DNR forester or a cooperating forester will depend upon the type of service, the complexity of the job and how soon you need help.
- The DNR tax law specialists are employed by the state and are stationed throughout Wisconsin to administer Wisconsin's tax law programs (Forest Crop Law and Managed Forest Law).
- The DNR foresters are employed by the state and are located throughout Wisconsin to get you started with forest management.
- Cooperating foresters are private enterprise foresters (consulting foresters and industrial foresters) who have signed an agreement with the DNR to comply with DNR standards for sound forest management. Cooperating foresters provide assistance to private landowners on a contract or fee basis, which the landowner pays.
- Certified plan writers are cooperating foresters certified by the DNR to write Managed Forest Law plans.
Find a Forester
Looking for guidance from a professional forester? Check out the Forestry Assistance Locator to find cooperating foresters or the DNR service foresters for your county.
- Wisconsin's Managed Forest Law - A Landowner's Guide to Professional Resources
Are you considering enrolling in the Managed Forest Law (MFL) program? Are you already enrolled in MFL and seeking assistance? This guide provides information about all professionals involved in Wisconsin's Managed Forest Law, including their associated roles, responsibilities and services provided.