Devil's Lake State Park
The main entrance to Devil's Lake State Park is on the north shore of the lake off County Highway DL. The Visitor Center, Chateau, Nature Center, picnic area, shelters and beach are on the north shore. Quartzite, Northern Lights and Ice Age campgrounds are all accessed by the north shore entrance.
The south shore of Devil's Lake is on South Lake Rd and has a large picnic area, shelters and beach. The Group Campground is about 0.5 miles east of the south shore entrance.
The North Shore Visitor Center is open daily from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
See the Devil's Lake Nature Center page for hours and programs.
- A vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping rates vary and are based on residency, campsite type and season.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
- Devil's Lake State Park is part of the Ice Age National Scientific Reserve and Federal passes [exit DNR] are honored. Holders of National Parks passports receive a waiver of the vehicle admission fees, but camping fees are not affected.
Learn about the park
Learn more about the nature, history and geology that make Devil's Lake unique.
Explore the area
Travel Wisconsin Listings
- Devils Lake State Park [exit DNR]
- Wisconsin Dells [exit DNR]
- Madison [exit DNR]
- River Sands Region [exit DNR]
More In The Area
- Aldo Leopold Shack and Farm [exit DNR]
- Circus World Museum [exit DNR]
- Flyways Waterfowl Museum [exit DNR]
- International Crane Foundation [exit DNR]
- Merrimac free ferry [exit DNR]
- Mid-Continent Railway Museum [exit DNR]
- Nature Conservancy Land [exit DNR]
- Sauk County Historical Museum [exit DNR]
- Sauk County Parks [exit DNR]
- Sauk Prairie Riverway [exit DNR]