Ice Age Complex at Cross Plains
There is a gravel parking lot along the south side of Old Sauk Pass Road about 100 yards east of the main access area (8075 Old Sauk Pass Road). Visitors should park in this parking lot. Vehicles must not block the gate at the main access area. Parking is also available at the end of North Birch Trail where a short trail provides access to the DNR land south of the road. A small parking lot off of County Highway S provides access to the Fish and Wildlife property.
The state park is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Vehicle admission stickers are not required.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
- The Ice Age Complex at Cross Plains is part of the Ice Age National Scientific Reserve.
Management and planning
For more information about planning for this property, see: Property Master Plans.
Explore the area
Travel Wisconsin listings
- Cross Plains State Park [exit DNR]
- Ice Age Trail Alliance [exit DNR]
- Madison [exit DNR]
- Middleton Visitor Center and Tourism Offices [exit DNR]
More in the area