Skip to main content

Incidental Take Permit/Authorization (ITP/A)

Endangered Resources Review

Thumbnail of the incidental take flyer
For more information about incidental take, read this flyer [PDF].

The department can allow incidental take of endangered or threatened species under certain circumstances through an Incidental Take Permit (used by non-state agencies and individuals) or an Incidental Take Authorization (used by state agencies).

View current public notices.

Individual ITP/A

If you’ve received an ER Review and need to apply for the allowance of incidental take, please complete the Incidental Take Permit/Authorization Application.

Individual ITP/A

Broad Incidental Take Permits/Authorizations

A Broad Incidental Take Permit/Authorization (BITP/A) can be created for specific scenarios so that neither an application nor a permit fee are required (although minimization, mitigation and/or reporting may still be required).

List of available permits/authorizations below.

Having trouble viewing a form in your internet browser? Save it to your desktop by right-clicking the link and then choosing "Save target as..." or "Save link as..." Then open the desktop file by right-clicking the icon and selecting "Open with," and then choose Adobe Reader. You can also try opening the form in a different browser, like Internet Explorer. For Mac users: To right-click with a single-button mouse, hold the control key while clicking.