Flambeau River State Forest
Location and directions
The Flambeau River State Forest is located in north central Wisconsin in Sawyer, Price and Rusk counties. It surrounds 75 miles of the North and South Forks of the Flambeau River, with its headquarters located in the town of Winter. Campers should check in directly at the campgrounds where they are staying.
- To Flambeau River State Forest Headquarters
- To Connors Lake Campground
- To Lake of the Pines Campground
The property is open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- A vehicle admission sticker is required for all family campgrounds.
- A state trail pass is required for ski trails.
- Camping rates vary and are based on residency, campsite type and season.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
Explore the area
Travel Wisconsin listings
- Flambeau River State Forest [exit DNR]
- Flambeau River [exit DNR]
- Chippewa Flowage [exit DNR]
- Price County Tourism Department [exit DNR]
- Price County Trails Information [exit DNR]
- Rusk County Visitors Center [exit DNR]
- Rusk County Trails Information [exit DNR]
- Sawyer County Trails Information [exit DNR]
- Turtle-Flambeau Flowage Scenic Waters Area [exit DNR]
- Up North Region [exit DNR]
More in the area