Brule River State Forest
Location and directions
Brule River State Forest is a long, long linear property in northwestern Wisconsin. The property is about 30 miles north to south, containing the entire 44 miles of the Bois Brule River. Campers should check in directly at the campgrounds where they are staying.
The forest is open year-round 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- A vehicle admission sticker is required for both family campgrounds.
- A state trail pass is required for the After Hours Ski Trail.
- All hunting and fishing licenses apply.
- Camping rates vary and are based on residency, campsite type and season.
In the area
Travel Wisconsin listings
- Brule River State Forest [exit DNR]
- Bayfield County Tourism [exit DNR]
- Superior Douglas County Area Chamber and Visitors Bureau [exit DNR]
More in the area