Black River State Forest
Location and Directions
The Black River State Forest is located in the heart of west-central Wisconsin near the city of Black River Falls. It is about two hours southeast of Minneapolis and two hours northwest of Madison near Interstate 94. Campers should check-in directly at the campgrounds where they are staying.
- To Black River State Forest Headquarters
- To Castle Mound Campground
- To East Fork Campground
- To Pigeon Creek Campground
The forest is open year-round 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping rates vary and are based on residency, campsite type, and season.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
In the area
Travel Wisconsin listings
- Black River State Forest [exit DNR]
- Black River [exit DNR]
- Clark County Economic Development and Tourism Bureau [exit DNR]
- Hoffman Aquatic Center [exit DNR]
- Wazee Lake Recreation Area [exit DNR]
More in the area