W7303 County Hwy CS
Poynette, WI 53955
The entrance to the MacKenzie Center is located at the intersection of County Road CS and Park Road just outside Poynette.
Hours of operation
|Dates||Grounds and trails||Wildlife area and exhibits||Picnic Area and Shelter|
|November through April||Open daily, dawn to dusk||Open daily, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.||Closed|
|May through October||Open daily, dawn to dusk||Open daily, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.||Open daily, dawn to dusk; reservations accepted|
- The property is open from dawn to dusk. Visitors must leave by dusk. Only registered lodge groups are allowed entrance after dusk.
- Wildlife and exhibits will be open legal holidays May-October. Trails and some roadways are not groomed in winter.
- The Game Farm is not currently open to public access due to bio-security measures to protect the pheasant population.
Rules to know
- A vehicle admission sticker is not required within the property boundaries.
- No overnight parking. Only registered lodge groups are permitted overnight parking.
- Posted speed limits must be followed.
- Camping is not permitted.
- Must be on a leash 8 feet or less and be under physical control and attended at all times.
- Not permitted in the wildlife exhibit, picnic area, buildings, study pond or on the observation tower.
- Pet owners are responsible for removal and proper disposal of pet waste.
Fires and Firewood
- Fires are only permitted in fire rings by registered lodge groups. All firewood transport laws must be followed.
- Never leave a fire unattended.
- Vehicles and pets are not allowed.
- Be quiet and walk slowly.
- Do not taunt or feed the animals.