Sauk Prairie State Recreation Area
Sauk Prairie State Recreation Area is in south-central Wisconsin just south of Devil's Lake State Park. The entrance to the recreation area is directly off of US Highway 12 about 8 miles south of Baraboo and 9 miles north of Sauk City.
The property is open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- Vehicle admission stickers are not required.
- Hunting licenses apply.
Management and planning
For more information about planning for this property, see: Property Master Plans.
Explore the area
Department of Tourism listings
More in the Area
- Aldo Leopold Shack and Farm [exit DNR]
- Circus World Museum [exit DNR]
- Flyways Waterfowl Museum [exit DNR]
- International Crane Foundation [exit DNR]
- Lodi and Lake Wisconsin [exit DNR]
- Merrimac free ferry [exit DNR]
- Mid-Continent Railway Museum [exit DNR]
- Nature Conservancy Land [exit DNR]
- Sauk County Historical Museum [exit DNR]
- Sauk County Parks [exit DNR]