Kettle Moraine State Forest – Southern Unit
The Kettle Moraine State Forest—Southern Unit is 61 miles east of Madison and 37 miles southwest of Milwaukee. Campers should check in at their campgrounds.
- To Ottawa Lake campground and Recreation Area
- To Pinewoods campground
- To Whitewater Lake campground
- To Horseriders' campground
- To Forest Headquarters
Ottawa Lake Visitor Center and Campground
S59 W36530 County ZZ
Dousman, WI 53118
W348 S4695 Waterville Rd.
Dousman, WI 53118
W830 Little Prairie Rd.
Palmyra, WI 53156
Whitewater Lake Visitor Center and Campground
W7796 Kettle Moraine Drive
Whitewater, WI 53190
The state forest is open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- A vehicle admission sticker is required.
- Camping rates vary and are based on residency, campsite type and season.
- A state trail pass is required for bikers, horseback riders and skiers 16 years of age and older.
- Hunting and fishing licenses apply.
Learn about the Property
Learn more about the nature and history that make this forest special.
The Kettle Moraine Natural History Association is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping preserve the features of outstanding interest in the Southern Unit of the Kettle Moraine State Forest. The Kettle Moraine Natural History Association generates financial support through gift shop sales, donations and membership dues. It has provided matching funds for Stewardship grants. All are invited to become members. Applications for membership are available at the forest headquarters. Members provide vital assistance in financial support and in helping to eradicate invasive plants within the state forest.
Management and planning
For more information about planning for this property, see: Property Master Plans.
About the area
Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive
Department of Tourism listings
More in the area
- Old World Wisconsin [exit DNR]
- McMiller Sports Center [exit DNR]
- Waukesha County Visitors Bureau [exit DNR]
- Whitewater [exit DNR]