Gandy Dancer State Trail - Southern Segment
- Rail trail: Yes
- Length: 47 miles
- Surface: Crushed stone
- Counties: Polk, Burnett
- Communities: St. Croix Falls, Centuria, Milltown, Luck, Frederic, Siren, Webster, Danbury
The southern segment of the Gandy Dancer trail follows the route of State Highway 35. There are parking, trail access points, accommodations and services in St. Croix Falls, Centuria, Milltown, Frederic, Siren, Webster and Danbury. Additional parking and restrooms are also available at several places along the southern portion of the trail. The Polk County Information Center is at the junction of State Highway 8, State Highway 87, State Highway 35 and the trail.
The trail is open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. year-round.
A state trail pass is required for bicycling.
Planning and Management
For more information about planning for this property, see: Property Master Plans.
Explore the area
Department Of Tourism Listings
More In The Area
- Gandy Dancer Trail - Burnett County [exit DNR]
- Gandy Dancer Trail - Burnett County Segment Interactive Map [exit DNR]
- Gandy Dancer Trail - Polk County [exit DNR]
- Burnett County Parks [exit DNR]
- Polk County Parks [exit DNR]
- St. Croix Falls [exit DNR]
- St. Croix National Scenic Riverway [exit DNR]
- Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park [exit DNR]
- Northwest Wisconsin [exit DNR]