Buffalo River State Trail
- Rail Trail: Yes
- Length: 36 miles
- Surface: combination of railroad ballast and limestone screenings
- Counties: Eau Claire, Jackson, Trempealeau, Buffalo
- Communities: Mondovi, Eleva, Strum, Osseo, Fairchild
The trail is easily accessible from all directions. The entire trail, from Fairchild to Mondovi, parallels State Highway 10 from the east and west. From the north and south, Interstate 94 and State Highway 53 intersect the trail near Osseo and State Highway 93 intersects the trail in Eleva.
Each bicyclist or horseback rider age 16 or older needs a Wisconsin state trail pass while using the trail.
Management and planning
For more information about planning for this property, see: Property Master Plans.
Explore the area
Travel Wisconsin listings
- Buffalo River State Trail [exit DNR]
- Buffalo County [exit DNR]
- Jackson County Trails Information [exit DNR]
- Driftless Region [exit DNR]
More in the area