Dam Safety Fact Sheets
A variety of topics relevant to dam safety
- Owning a dam
- Hiring an engineer
- Inspection program
- Vegetation fact sheet Visit the vegetation fact sheet for answers to your questions and methods to control embankment erosion.
- Erosion fact sheet
- Burrowing animals A look at burrowing wildlife and their effects on dams. Information on how to control burrow damage to your embankments. Before adding any physical barriers to your spillway to deter animals, please contact your regional water management engineer to ensure you are not obstructing flow.
- Nuisance wildlife guidelines More information about mammals you may encounter at your dam, and guidelines to help you legally solve nuisance wildlife problems at your dam.
- Terms and definitions Terms that are frequently used when describing the characteristics of a dam.
- Terms and definitions - illustrated Terms that are frequently used when describing the characteristics of a dam.
- Illustration gallery See images of different types of dams and problems associated with dams.
- Contact information
- DNR Dam Safety
DNR Dam Safety Program, WT/3
101 S Webster St
PO Box 7921
Madison WI 53707–7921