Skip to main content

Nonmetallic mining

Waterway protection

Nonmetallic Mining

Nonmetallic Mining

If you want to mine rotten granite, stone, rock, sandstone, clay, peat, sand, gravel or other nonmetallic substance, for resale, construction or personal use a permit and/or fee may be required.

Note: If the non-metallic mining is associated with current cranberry growing operations and will result in mineral product being sold, the department has developed guidance [PDF] to clarify permitting and statutory exemptions defined for cranberry culture.