Volunteer hunter education instructor lesson plans
The following lesson plans are here for your convenience to view or print for your hunter education classes.
- Lesson 1: TABK Four rules of firearm safety
- Lesson 2A: Location of safety & safe firearm handling
- Lesson 2B: Actions, sights, ammunition & loading
- Lesson 3: Firearm carries
- Lesson 4: Sight alignment & shooting positions
- Lesson 5A: Safe shooting zones - indoor instruction
- Lesson 5B: Safe shooting zones - outside instruction
- Lesson 6: Fence & obstacle crossing
- Lesson 7: Elevated devices & treestand safety
- Lesson 8: Blood trail & deer tagging
- Lesson 8: Deer Carcass Tag
- Lesson 9: Ethics & responsibility
- Lesson 10: Finding property to hunt & asking permission to hunt
- Lesson 11: Basic first aid & survival
- Lesson 12: ATV & snowmobile laws for hunters
Requirement - Volunteer instructor hours report
The following PDFs are here for your convenience to view and print. Manage your safety education volunteer hours on these forms and send it to WI DNR PO Box 7921 Madison, WI 53791 after you complete each of your hunter safety education courses.
- Hunter education instructor volunteer hours report
- Hunter education instructor volunteer hours report instructions
Training aids/miscellaneous items
Training aids may be obtained through your outdoor skill trainer (OST).
- The hunter education law enforcement presentation video is to be used only in place of a warden if the warden is unable to attend the class.
- If you will have internet access at the location the course will be taught, use the video below:
If the location does not have internet access, save the warden video to play while offline.
Volunteer instructor dashboard
The following PDF's are here for your convenience to view or print for you when managing your safety education classes using the online instructor dashboard. Take some time to view these documents to help you through any questions you may have.