DNR New Employee Orientation Information
Employment at the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
Congratulations on your upcoming position with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources! We look forward to seeing you at New Employee Orientation.
New Employee Orientation is held every other Monday at the DNR Central Office in Madison — 101 S Webster Street. If possible, please arrive at 9:30 a.m. and sign in with the security officer in the main lobby, then report to room G09. The session runs from 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; permanent employees will stay for a benefits session from 2:30-3:30 pm.. Snacks and coffee will be provided.
Downtown Madison has several city and privately operated parking lots and ramps. The closest lots are the Brayton Lot, Capitol Square North Garage and Wilson Street Garage. Additional parking information can be found on the City of Madison Parking Utility website.
Required items to bring on orientation day
Note: These documents must be original and unexpired — copies cannot be accepted.
- Government issued photo identification (passport, driver's license, EAD with photo)
- Work authorization documentation (passport, Social Security card, birth certificate, permanent resident card)
- Voided check with routing number
- Driver's license (required for vehicle use agreement)
- Electronic PDF of Driving History Abstract
- Only required if you have an out-of-state driver's license or less than two years of driving history in Wisconsin.
- Contact your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles to acquire this. Have the electronic PDF available in your personal email for orientation.
For the full list of acceptable work authorization and government issued photo identification documents, review page 3 of the Form I-9.
You’ll be required to complete federal and state tax withholding forms on your first day. You may wish to review these forms and the corresponding worksheets prior to orientation. Please do not bring or complete these forms prior to your first day.
Permanent employees are eligible for a variety of benefits. Most of these benefits can be reviewed at Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds. An overview and guide to this information can be found in the links below.
- Electronic Deposit Authorization
- If you are currently an LTE or project employee with an electronic deposit on file, this form is not required.
- Required documents: voided check
- Veterans New Hire Form
Please fill out and sign this form even if you are not a veteran.
If you are currently an LTE or project employee and have tax withholding forms on file, you are not required to resubmit the W-4 and WT-4.