Ordering tree and shrub seedlings
We will start accepting new orders on Monday, October 5, 2020. Please check back at that time for current inventory and to place your order online.
Our seedlings are available to all Wisconsin landowners regardless of residence. Trees must be planted in Wisconsin and used only for conservation purposes such as forest products, wildlife habitat and erosion control. State nursery stock may not be resold, used for ornamental, decorative or landscaping purposes or Christmas tree production.
The minimum order is:
- a packet*,
- 500 shrubs, or
- 1,000 trees.
Tree and shrub seedlings must be ordered in increments of 100 of each species. Contact the Wisconsin DNR nursery or call 715-424-3700 with any questions.
* A packet consists of 300 seedlings of the landowner's choice — any combination of conifers, hardwoods or wildlife shrubs, in increments of 100 of each species.
How to order seedlings
Please follow these steps to order seedlings from the state nursery.
- Contact your local DNR forester for advice on site preparation, species recommendations, availability of equipment rental and a tree planting plan. You should also review our frequently asked questions.
- Check the seedling inventory for current species in stock and use the seedling price list to plan your order. See the stock descriptions for seedling sizes.
- To order seedlings, complete the paper order form and mail it with your full payment.
- If a desired species is unavailable through the state nursery, you may wish to contact a private nursery.