Opening and closing hours
Wisconsin State Park System
Most Wisconsin state parks, recreation areas, trails and forest campgrounds are open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. There are some exceptions:
- Registered campers may be in or en route to their campsites during closed hours.
- Where lands are open to hunting, hunters may enter an hour before the opening of hunting hours.
- The Sugar River State Trail has no closed hours.
- Whitefish Dunes State Park closes at 8 p.m.
- People who are in a park for the sole purpose of fishing may:
- stay after the usual closing time;
- enter an hour before sunrise;
- enter the park or recreation area during closed hours on the opening weekend of fishing season; and
- use boat launching facilities in northern state forests during closed hours.
- Individual parks may establish different hours for special events and programs.
Park hours may vary and are posted in the park office.