2021 Photography Contest
Council Grounds State Park
The Council Grounds State Park annual photo contest is organized by the Park's Friends group. Come and enjoy the park and remember to bring a camera along and take photos for the contest.
- Plants (includes wildflowers, trees, shrubs, fungi, etc.)
- Wildlife (includes animals, birds, insects, etc.)
- People using the park (do not include photos of easily identifiable people)
- Landscapes (includes broad scenes, sunsets, sunrises, rivers, etc.)
- All photos must be taken within the boundaries of Council Grounds State Park between Aug. 1, 2019, and July 31, 2021 (2-year period).
- Only one photo per person. If more than one photo is submitted, you will be asked to choose only one as an entry.
- Photos can only be submitted between July 1 and July 31, 2021. Must be in color and must be submitted as a high-resolution digital JPEG file, attached to an email sent to email@example.com. No panoramic photos. No digitally enhanced or altered photos. Each photo submitted must include:
- Date taken
- Photographer's name
- Mailing and email address
- Phone number
- By entering the contest, photographers are verifying that the image is their own and are agreeing to have their submitted photos used/copied/displayed (without fee or compensation) for the contest voting purposes in local publications, in articles relating to the contest, saved for any future use by the Park Friends Group, displayed in the Park contact station, on the Wisconsin Parks website, on the Friends Facebook page and also on cards or postcards for sale by the Friends Group.
- The Friends Group reserves the right to reject any photo submitted that does not comply with the contest rules, is not properly labeled as stated in step 3 above or that is deemed inappropriate in any way by the Friends board.
- The contest is open only to amateur photographers. Professional photographers and anyone that sells their own photos are not eligible.
- Contest judges, DNR employees and Friends Group members and their families are not eligible to enter.
- Address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A panel of judges from the Friends Group will narrow the entries down to the top three in each category. Photographer names will not be revealed to the judges. Any category with fewer than eight entries may be canceled. The final first- and second-place winners in each category will be determined by votes by the general public.
First-place winners will receive a 2022 Wisconsin State Park vehicle sticker. Second-place winners will receive Council Grounds merchandise valued up to $15.
Public voting will take place Aug. 15 through Sept. 15, 2021, by email to email@example.com or on the Friends of Council Grounds State Park Facebook page. Only one vote per person. Duplicate votes will be eliminated. Finalists' photos may be viewed for voting on the Friends of Council Grounds State Park Facebook page, at the Park contact station and at T.B. Scott Library, Merrill, Wisconsin. Winners will be announced and notified in Oct. 2021.