Lower Wisconsin State Riverway
Water Levels and River Flow
River flow can change overnight with excessive rain or through water level management of Lake Wisconsin that is through the Alliant Energy/Wisconsin Power and Light Company-Prairie du Sac Hydroelectric Project. Learning what the water levels are doing can help you determine if your trip will be difficult in low water times or hazardous if the water is high. Taking note of the river conditions using these services will help you in planning future river trips. Always secure your canoe and equipment well.
- Check levels and flow rate at the Prairie du Sac dam
- Call to find out water flow rate at the Prairie du Sac dam at 1-800-242-1077
- Check the U.S. Weather Service water data in Muscoda
- Check the Army Corps of Engineers water data in Muscoda
- Check the USGS water data in Muscoda