Invasive Species Best Management Practices
to prevent and minimize the spread of invasives
To minimize the spread of invasive species, interested stakeholders have met to develop voluntary Best Management Practices for Invasive Species. These guidelines will help Wisconsin residents and visitors to limit the likelihood of moving invasive species around.
- BMPs for boat, gear, and equipment decontamination and disinfection
- Bait & Forage Importation BMP's
- AIS BMP Guidelines for Fire Suppression
- AIS BMPs for Dry Hydrant Maintenance
- Reasonable precautions for emerald ash borer
- Reasonable precautions to reduce the spread of the spongy moth
- Wetland Invasives Best Management Practices
Visit the Wisconsin Council on Forestry website for BMPs for general forestry, recreational forest users, urban forestry and transportation and utility rights-of-way.
Printable color handouts
Interested user groups and groups have developed a one-page handout summarizing the BMPs.