Free Fishing Weekend
January 15 - 16, 2022
Free Fishing Weekend Is January 15-16, 2022
Wisconsin is home to 49 state parks, 15 state forests, 44 state trails, 84,000 miles of rivers and streams, roughly 15,000 lakes and so much more. With Free Fishing Weekends every June and January, you can give it a try, no fishing license required.
Know Before You Go
- Residents and non-residents will not be required to have a fishing license or trout/salmon stamps.
- All 2021-2022 fishing regulations apply, including bag and length limits.
- Locate launches and shore fishing access points near you.
- All DNR boat launches are open.
- Boats must be registered, which can be done either online or via mail.
- Minimize the spread of aquatic invasive species by removing plants and animals from boats before and after launching, draining all water from compartments, and never move live fish from any waterbody.
Think Smart Before You Start
- Wear a life jacket at all times when fishing from a boat, kayak, canoe or paddleboard.
- Use boat lights after sunset.
- Never consume alcohol or drugs before or while operating a boat.
- Keep your speed in mind as weather and terrain conditions vary or change.
Tried Fishing and Loved It? Get Your License Now.
Mark Your Calendar
Free Fishing Weekends are always held the third full weekend in January and the first full weekend in June. For 2022, the dates will be January 15-16, 2022 and June 4-5, 2022.