Nonresident Off-highway Motorcycle Trail Passes
When bringing an off-highway motorcycle (OHM) into Wisconsin from their home state, a nonresident can operate their OHM on Wisconsin OHM routes or areas available to the public for the recreational use of off-highway motorcycles with either a nonresident OHM trail pass affixed to the OHM or a valid non-resident 5-day trail use receipt, which should be in possession of the operator. Nonresidents who keep their OHM in Wisconsin must register their OHM in Wisconsin.
- Annual Trail Pass
fee: $35; expires March 31 of each year
A nonresident can operate an OHM in Wisconsin OHM routes or areas available to the public for the recreational use of off-highway motorcycles with an annual nonresident OHM trail pass issued by the Wisconsin DNR, which needs to be clearly displayed in a location forward of the operator.
- 5-Day Nonresident Trail Use Receipt
fee: $20; issued for 5 consecutive days
The operator must carry the 5-day nonresident trail use receipt that is received at the time of order; no decal is issued.
Nonresident Annual Trail Pass
Nonresident annual trail passes may be ordered online on your personal electronic device or over the counter at any sales location.
- A nonresident trail pass is required to operate an OHM not currently registered in Wisconsin on an OHM route or area available to the public for the recreational use of off-highway motorcycles.
- The pass costs $35.00.
- The pass expires on March 31 of each year.
- An off-highway motorcycle (OHM) operated on frozen waters is not required to display a valid Wisconsin public use OHM registration or a nonresident OHM trail pass.
- The trail pass must be affixed by its own adhesive in a highly visible location on the exterior of the motorcycle where it is clearly visible.
- Once affixed, the sticker may not be removed or transferred to another off-highway motorcycle (OHM).
- A temporary operating receipt (printed on plain white paper) will be issued upon order of an annual OHM trail pass and allows you to operate immediately. Regardless of how you place your order, the physical trail pass decal will arrive in the mail in approximately two weeks.
Nonresident 5-Day OHM Trail Use Receipt
A nonresident 5-day trail use receipt can be purchased online or at any sales location. The 5-day OHM trail use receipt must be carried by the operator at all times. Customers who order online can print their receipts at home or visit one of our Go Wild sales agents and receive one at the time of purchase. No decal or sticker is mailed when purchasing the 5-day OHM trail use receipt.