Contact: DNR Office of Communications
Wisconsin NRB Meeting Aug. 10
MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet in-person for the August board meeting to consider several proposed rules, hearings, land items and donations.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug 10, 2022, originating from Public Meeting Room G09, at the State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 South Webster Street, Madison, Wisconsin. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7-8 as listed on the Agenda.
The public is encouraged to watch the August board meeting on the DNR’s YouTube channel.
The deadline to register for remote public appearance requests and to submit written comments is 11 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 5, 2022. Remote testimony from the public via Zoom may be accepted. In-person pubic appearances are also welcome.
During the August meeting, several items the Board will be considering include:
- Preliminary public hearing and comment period for the Statement of Scope for Board Order AM-05-22 for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 439 to simplify, reduce, modernize, and make more efficient reporting, recordkeeping, testing, inspection and determination of compliance requirements for sources of air contaminants
- Preliminary public hearing and comment period for the Statement of Scope for Board Order WW-06-22 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 320, 323, 326, 328, and 329 related to structures in navigable waterways
- Preliminary public hearing and comment period for the Statement of Scope for Emergency Board Order DG-07-22(E) and Board Order DG-08- 22 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice for DG-08-22 and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 812 related to allowing for the use of new cement formulations for the construction of water wells
- Request adoption of Board Order WY-29-19, proposed rules affecting chapters NR 1, 107, 109, 150, 193, 329 and 345, related to aquatic plant management manual removal and mechanical control regulations, aquatic habitat protection, and surface water grants
- Request adoption of amended Board Order WY-23-13, proposed rules affecting chapter NR 102 related to processes for waterbody assessments and impaired waters listing, biological assessment thresholds, biological confirmation of phosphorus impairments, and water quality criteria for dissolved oxygen
- Statement of Scope for Board Order FH-01-22, for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 19-26 related to changes to fishing regulations on inland, outlying and boundary waters (the 2023 Fisheries Management Spring Hearings rule)
- Land Acquisition and Monetary Donation – Ice Age Trail – Waukesha County
- Land Acquisition, Partial Donation and Project Boundary Expansion – Green Bay West Shores Wildlife Area – Marinette County
In addition to being encouraged to watch the upcoming meeting, there are opportunities for the public to testify and to submit written comments about issues that come before the NRB. More information regarding public participation at Board meetings is available here.