Wisconsin NRB Meeting Dec. 8
Deadline For Remote Appearance Requests And Written Comments 11 a.m. Dec. 1
MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet in-person for the December board meeting to consider several proposed rules, hearings, management and master plans, land items and donations.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021, originating from Public Meeting Room G09, at the State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 South Webster Street, Madison, Wisconsin. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7-8 as listed on the Agenda.
The public is encouraged to watch the December board meeting on the DNR’s YouTube channel.
The deadline to register for remote public appearance requests and to submit written comments is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021. There will be no in-person public appearances.
During the December meeting, the Board will be considering:
- Approval of brief of action from Oct. 8 and Oct. 18 special meetings
- Approval of brief of action from Oct. 27 meeting
- Proposed rules affecting chapters NR 114, 146, 520 and 524 related to allowing for third party administration of operator certification, well driller or pump installer license, and landfill operator examinations
- Proposed rules creating chapter NR 229 related to regulation of wastewater discharges from dental offices to sanitary sewers
- Proposed rules affecting chapters NR 400, 419, 421, 422, 423, 425, 439, and 484, related to implementing reasonably available control technology (RACT) to limit volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions from miscellaneous metal and plastic parts coatings and miscellaneous industrial adhesives
- Proposed rules affecting chapters NR 10 and 45 related to the 2021 Wildlife Management spring hearing rule related to hunting, trapping, and target shooting
- Statement of Scope, public hearing notice and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 428 related to nitrogen compound emissions regulations
- Approval of Southwest Savanna Regional Master Plan
In addition to being encouraged to watch the upcoming December meeting, there are opportunities for the public to testify and to submit written comments about issues that come before the NRB. More information regarding public participation at Board meetings is available here.