Sporting Heritage Council Meeting
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Scott Loomans, Scott.Loomans@wisconsin.gov or 608-225-9440
Emily Iehl, Emily.Iehl@wisconsin.gov or 608-445-8168
The sporting heritage council was created to study, provide advice, and make recommendations to the governor, the natural resources board, and the legislature about issues relating to hunting, trapping, fishing and other types of outdoor recreation activities.
Join by phone: 312-626-6799; Meeting ID: 865 9490 5332
1. Calling the roll
2. Approval of agenda for June 8, 2021
• Shore fishing update (5 minutes)—Loomans.
• Hiring update (5-10 minutes)—Warnke.
• Status of in-person programs (5 minutes)—Stabo and Iehl.
Stabo—Webpage Updates and Discussion—20 minutes
• How should the public contact the Sporting Heritage Council members? Compare to Natural Resources Board webpage.
• How can the public get involved with the Sporting Heritage Council?
Warnke & Loomans—Sporting Heritage Council Strategic Planning Process—1 hour
• Overview of Biennial Report; link to NRB discussion of coming up with 5-10 Actionable Goals for Recruitment and Retention.
• Discussion of Strategic Planning Process— We will have 6 meetings before we are required to submit a new report to legislature.
o Why is SHC important to sportspeople? What is the SHC’s vision and role?
o Break these ideas into objectives with measurable action items that we can bring back to our communities to recruit and retain new people into hunting, fishing, and trapping.
o Council discussion facilitated by Loomans.