Wisconsin Accessible Outdoors Fund
Open the Outdoors
You can now help support accessibility and universal access at Wisconsin’s state properties, like state parks, forests and wildlife areas. The Wisconsin Accessible Outdoors Fund is a donation program that allows you to contribute to accessibility and universal access improvements at Wisconsin's state properties.
Your donation will help the DNR provide more opportunities for everyone of all abilities in outdoor recreation for present and future generations. Let’s work together to help make Wisconsin’s outdoors for all.
To contribute to the fund, please print out the form below and mail it in with your donation. We are currently accepting checks or money orders and will be accepting credit card donations in the future.
MAKE A DONATION TODAY
To contribute to the fund, please print out the Wisconsin Accessibility Fund Form and send it in with your donation.
Contributions are tax-deductible. All donations are subject to review by the Department of Natural Resources prior to acceptance. If you have any questions, please contact the DNR Bureau of Facilities & Lands at DNR.AccessibilityFund@wisconsin.gov or visit dnr.wi.gov/topic/OpenOutdoors.
HOW IS MY DONATION USED?
Your donation to the Wisconsin Accessible Outdoors Fund helps create and improve accessibility and universal access at DNR properties, providing more inclusive outdoor recreation experiences. Donations help the DNR Accessibility Team create new and improved opportunities for universal outdoor recreation to make DNR properties more accessible for all.
Your donations will be used for activities such as:
- adaptive equipment for outdoor recreation (outdoor wheelchairs, adaptive bikes, adaptive kayaks, all-terrain walkers, beach wheelchairs, sensory items, etc.);
- maintenance and construction of accessible features (accessible cabins, accessible fishing piers, universal kayak launches, beach access mats, etc.);
- trail construction and surface improvements for universal access;
- accessible programs and events; and
- educational materials.
WHY IS MY DONATION IMPORTANT?
Improving accessibility and universal access opportunities to DNR programs and properties is incredibly important. It also requires substantial investments and the DNR is committed to increasing opportunities for visitors of all abilities statewide. Partner with us and help us provide exceptional outdoor recreation at DNR properties for all.
Donations of any amount are accepted and are very much appreciated. The fund accepts donations from direct contributors or as honorary gifts.
Together, DNR funds and gift donations provide new and improved experiences at DNR properties for visitors of all abilities. Check out some projects that the DNR and our partners have been working on. Help us get some more work done.
- Accessible fishing at Copper Falls State Park – made possible by the DNR and Friends of Copper Falls State Park
- Accessible hunting blind at Jackson Marsh Wildlife Area – made possible by Wisconsin Waterfowl Association volunteers
- All-terrain GRIT wheelchair bike – made possible by the DNR
- All-terrain outdoor track wheelchair at Peninsula State Park – made possible by Kinect M1 and Friends of Peninsula State Park
- Beach access mat at Richard Bong State Recreation Area – made possible by the DNR
- Beach wheelchairs at various state parks – made possible by the DNR
- Trail improvements for universal access at Newport State Park – made possible by the DNR and Newport Wilderness Society
- Universal kayak launch and adaptive kayak at Merrick State Park – made possible by the DNR and Friends of Wisconsin State Parks