Knapp Creek Wildlife Area
Knapp Creek Wildlife Area is a 2,003-acre property located in Richland County that is entirely privately owned land open to the public for hunting and fishing and, in some locations, trapping. The property is a mosaic of agricultural fields, marshy creek bottoms and forested hillsides located 5 miles east of Boscobel on Highway 60.
The only forms of recreation available at Knapp Creek Wildlife Area are hunting, fishing and trapping. It is your responsibility to know where you are and what activities are allowed on that property. Please refer to the property map and the code of conduct.
The following activities are not allowed at Knapp Creek Wildlife Area:
- Cross-country skiing; and
- Gathering wild edibles.
The Knapp Creek Wildlife Area is a collection of private land parcels with permanent hunting and fishing access easements. Many of the properties also include the right to trap. Since these properties are owned by private individuals and many of them are working agricultural property, please be respectful of the landowners who work and live on this collection of properties by following the rules below:
- Access on the properties is by foot travel only. Vehicular access onto the property is not allowed so do not drive into a private driveway or onto agricultural fields.
- Parking is allowed along the roads in the right-of-way, which is 33 feet from the center line of county and township roads. Do not block access to any driveways, farm fields or pastures.
- When parking, choose locations that do not prevent passing vehicles from seeing around curves or over hills.
- Do not park in wet areas along the road right-of-way where your vehicle may leave ruts, damage the ground or damage the road right-of-way itself.
- Respect private property by not littering and leave no trace.
- Discharging a firearm within 100 yards of an occupied residence without the landowners' permission is illegal. Remember, many of these properties have livestock on them so please avoid spooking them.
- The only forms of recreation available at Knapp Creek Wildlife Area are hunting and fishing, with trapping allowed on some of the properties. Please refer to the property map for areas where trapping is restricted.
- Please refer to the property code of conduct.
Plan your hunt in advance and, although not required, check with the landowner so everyone knows what to expect on the day of your hunt. It is your responsibility to know where you are and what activities are allowed on that property.
Download a map of this property.
If you are interested in exploring this property further, you can access an interactive map.
- Useful links
Find out more about how to adopt this wildlife area.