Jaeger's Island Wildlife Area
Jaeger's Island Wildlife Area is a 0.2-acre property located 1/4 mile offshore north of Doemel Point in southern Asylum Bay, Lake Winnebago. The habitat consists of trees, grass and shrub.
This small island was purchased in 1955 from the U.S. government as a wildlife area to provide for waterfowl breeding and a waterfowl hunting area.
The Jaeger's Island Wildlife Area offers many recreational opportunities:
- Cross-country skiing (no designated trail);
- Hiking (no designated trail);
- Hunting (especially noted for waterfowl);
- Swimming (no life guard);
- Wild edibles/gathering; and
- Wildlife viewing.
If you are interested in exploring this property further, you can access an interactive map.
- Useful links
Find out more about how to adopt this wildlife area.