Invasive species education
K-12 activities and lesson plans
- Clean Boats, Clean Waters Story Hour is a hands-on lesson for the next generation of anglers and lake users about aquatic invasive species and what they can do to prevent their spread. Materials include a video tutorial, lesson plan and copies of all the resources needed to lead a story hour.
- EEK! Environmental Education for Kids - Alien Invaders is designed for upper-elementary and middle school students and teachers. EEK has over 900 pages including species profiles and activities for the gypsy moth, emerald ash borer, zebra mussel, purple loosestrife, garlic mustard and rusty crayfish.
- Wisconsin Wildcards games and activities are designed for upper-elementary and middle school students. Check out Weed Watchers card game and the "Track Down Alien Invaders" activity in the Go Wild with Wisconsin Wildcards! Educators' Kit.
- See Cella Chow! are lesson plans for grades 6-12 built around the science of biocontrol, specifically purple loosestrife. The lessons include a listing of the related Wisconsin Model Environmental Education and Science Standards.
- Wisconsin Sea Grant Aquatic Invaders Attack Packs are self-contained teaching aids providing information about aquatic nuisance species, their life cycles, effects and how they spread.