Cumberland LLC CAFO Permit
Cumberland LLC is a proposed swine Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) to be located in Burnett County. The proposed operation submitted a final application for coverage under a water quality protection permit for CAFOs issued by the DNR known as a Wisconsin Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (WPDES) permit. CAFO WPDES permits are water quality protection permits designed to ensure proper storage and handling of manure from larger-scale livestock operations. The WPDES permit program does not have authority to address odor, noise, traffic or other issues not related to water quality.
WPDES permit application and related documents
View information submitted to date related to the WPDES permit application for Cumberland LLC.
- Preliminary Cumberland LLC application
- Final Cumberland LLC Application
- 5-year Nutrient Management Plan
- Design Plans and Specifications
- Liquid Storage Capacity Calculations
- Overview of the CAFO WPDES permit issuance process, including opportunities for public comment and a public informational hearing
This webpage will be updated upon receipt of a final permit application. Updates may include additional descriptions of proposed activities, links to additional permit application materials, and/or new department contact information.