County Forest Project Loan
Counties with lands enrolled in the County Forest Law are eligible to apply for interest free loans to be used for meritorious and economically productive forestry operations including land acquisition. Funds may not be used for construction of recreational facilities or fish and game projects. Projects must be consistent with the county forest comprehensive land use plan (15 year plan).
Who can apply
Eligible projects can be anything supporting economically productive forestry operations, including land acquisition, on the County Forest but cannot include construction of recreational facilities or fish & game projects. Projects must be consistent with the County Forest Comprehensive Land Use Plan (15 Yr. Plan).
Awarded on a fiscal year basis with two application periods.
- August 15 for first round
- December 1 for second round
- First come-first served thereafter
No more than 25 percent of available funds can be awarded to any one county. Repayment of loans is through each county’s forestry fund account via a 20 percent severance assessment on completed timber sale volumes.
The following application materials are needed:
- County Board resolution authorizing the loan application
- Project specifications: maps, short narrative, estimated cost breakdown
- Letter of compliance with the County Forest Comprehensive Land use plan from DNR Liaison Forester
These materials must be submitted to:
Attn: Doug Brown County Forest Specialist
518 W. Somo Ave.
Tomahawk, WI 54487