Getting a Wisconsin DNR customer ID number
Your DNR customer ID number is a fast and safe way to access your account without revealing personal information every time you make a purchase or request services from the Wisconsin DNR or its agents. It allows you to purchase your fishing and hunting license; register your boat, ATV, UTV, off-highway motorcycle and snowmobile; and enroll in safety education classes.
Create a new customer account
To obtain your DNR customer ID number, you must create a customer account.
You will need to provide some basic, but required, information.
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Street address, city, state, zip code
- Height, weight, eye color and hair color
- Social Security number (Required of all citizens who have been issued a number by the Social Security Administration).
- People who are not citizens of the United States and have never been issued a number by the Social Security Administration can create a DNR customer account by providing their visa or passport number in lieu of a Social Security number.
- If you are a Wisconsin resident 18 years or older, you will also need to enter your current, valid Wisconsin driver's license number to your account. This allows you to use your Wisconsin driver's license as proof of purchase for many fishing and hunting licenses.
- If you are a Wisconsin resident 18 years or older and do not have a Wisconsin driver's license, please call the DNR Call Center at 1-888-936-7463 for assistance setting up your customer account.
Where to find your customer number
When done, your DNR customer ID number will appear on your customer homepage directly above your name and address.